Sunday, June 24, 2018

#30Days30Miniatures


About a year ago Frostgrave got me back into miniatures painting. It's been a great ride so far, and I've really enjoyed returning to an aspect of the gaming hobby that I've been missing for years. Unfortunately I've painted very little over the last several months, as we've been so involved with our family's move.

Well that ends tonight!

Starting today, I'm going to be attempting a #30Days30Miniatures challenge! That means that every night for the next month I'm going to finish one miniature. Since I'm the one making up this challenge, I figured it was only fair to make up some rules:

  1. At the end of each day, you need to complete the painting of one miniature.
  2. Basing is optional. 
  3. It can be any miniature you want, from any game, from any system, from any manufacturer. 
  4. Partially finished miniatures in your pile are fair game. I figure that this is about finishing miniatures, and working through those pesky figures in your vault. Why not include them?
  5. Have fun!

I can't think of any other rules at this time, but my goal is to have at least 30 of these figures completed by the end of the challenge. Hopefully more. The picture above shows the figures that I plan on working on for the next 30 days. I think its a pretty fair split between ReaperDark Sword, and some old Games Workshop Mordheim minis. 

If I'm lucky I'll even squeeze in a few games of something (Frostgrave, Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago, Mordheim, or heck, even HeroQuest) between now and the end of the challenge.

Join me! 

If you have additional rules you think I should add, let me know. 

If you want to take part in the challenge with me, hit me up. Maybe we can have some kind of master list? 

Let's do this!



No comments:

Post a Comment