Tuesday, July 10, 2018

#30Days30Miniatures - Day 17


I don't think I was ever going to be happy with this miniature.

Tonight I finished another pre-primered WizKids D&D mini. This Human Wizard was picked out by one of my daughters as part of a pair. The other one looked so crappy that it stays in my car as a unit of measurement. I just carry it into stores if I want to work out whether or not certain things I buy for terrain make sense. But it's a hot mess. 


I'd say this one was a few steps above a hot mess. 



Just not a lot of detail to work with. Granted, I probably went too extreme with the shading, but I'm not going back to touch anything up. I think these figures are fine for quick paint jobs to get figures on an RPG table, but if you can spare the money for a more detailed miniature, please do so. These are about the same cost as Reaper Bones, and the Reapers have all turned out far better. 

Oh well. Done, finished, on to the next batch!

What do you do with figures you aren't happy with? 

No comments:

Post a Comment