Wednesday, July 4, 2018

#30Days30Miniatures - Day 11


Another early morning painting session! 

Even though today is a holiday, I've still got a little work to do in the office. After that we have some plans with my brother and his family to hang out. Figuring that I'd have limited time to paint tonight, I wanted to get some work done this morning for #30Days30Miniatures



For today's completed miniature, I went back to my Mordheim collection again, with a Reiklander Champion figure that I had done some minor modding to way back in 2008. Swapping a dagger for a sword at the time was a really big deal for me! Originally I think he had two pistols, and I took one of his arms off just before the glue hardened. All of the Mordheim/Warhammer Imperial Mercenary figures back then were modular, so it was pretty easy to mix and match


This figure represents exactly what my goal was with this challenge: finishing up miniatures that I've been sitting on for years. Ten years ago this guy was painted and primed, and then that was it. He got a base coat of paint a year ago. I'm really happy that he's finished, and I'm really, really pleased with how he turned out! 


I also got a little more work done on three of my other figures, doing a heavy black ink wash on a gargoyle, doing some detail work on a bunny soldier, and a base coat on my new donkey. 


11 days in, 14 figures painted. 

Happy Fourth of July fellow gamers! I hope you can get some miniature painting squeezed in during all the fireworks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment